One of the very things to anticipate this year as a writer is the Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize 2022. Interested writers are annually invited to submit their best poems in order to contest for amazing cash prizes. Read further to learn how to submit to Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize 2022.
In collaboration with Something for Everybody Ventures (SFEV), Words Rhymes & Rhythm and Authorpedia Publishers cordially invite Nigerian poets and lovers of literature residing anywhere in the world to submit poems for the 10th annual Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize, EOPP 2022.
This year’s EOPP is looking for well-written poems that explore the subthemes of Unity, Truth, Justice, and Change within society, with a focus on Nigeria and its people, cultures, experiences, hopes, and aspirations.
About The Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize 2022
EOPP was instituted in 2012 as an annual Prize to give much-needed attention to Nigerian poetry and encourage young Nigerian poets to use poetry as a tool for social change. The yearly contest has become the leading platform for the discovery, encouragement, and celebration of poets in Nigeria.
ERIATA ORIBHABOR is a prominent Nigerian poet, literary activist, and publisher passionate about positive change for his country. A former Chairman of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), Abuja Chapter, he is the founder of the Poets In Nigeria (PIN) Initiative and manages the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize, Festival Poetry Calabar, ArtHub, Food Poetry Prize, and the PIN Quarterly Journal, among other literary ventures, and supports several other literary organisations and initiatives in the country.
A proponent of Pidgin English (Naija Languej) as a medium of literary communication, Eriata’s published books include “Abuja na Kpangba an Oda Puem Dem,” “If Yu Hie Se A De Prizin: Antoloji of Puem-dem Fo Languej,” “Beautiful Poisons,” “That Beautiful Picture,” “Colours and Borders,” and “Walking Truths.” Aside from his literary activism, which has earned him the moniker “Merchant of Poetry,” Oribhabor also runs Something for Everybody Ventures, a publishing company based in Lagos, Nigeria. He encourages young writers to develop their potential towards achieving their dreams and enjoys discussions on topical issues, travelling, tours, and adventures.
Prizes For The Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize 2022
- First Prize – ₦50,000 cash and books by Eriata Oribhabor
- First Runner-up – ₦30,000 cash and books by Eriata Oribhabor
- Second Runner-up – ₦20,000 cash and books by Eriata Oribhabor
How To Submit To The Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize 2022
- Contestants are invited to submit a maximum of two (2) poems.
- All submissions should be made via email to SUBMISSIONS@WRR.NG with the subject: ‘EOPP 2022’.
- All entries must be the original work of the poet submitting them.
- There’s no limit to the number of lines in any poem.
- Authors must add their full names and a biography (100 words maximum) in the body of the e-mail inclusive of full name, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Poems containing profanity or vulgarity will be disqualified.
- The poems will be judged based on their artistic quality and creativity.
- The judges’ decision is final and under no circumstances will they enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding their decisions.
- Authors retain the copyright of their poems but submission gives us permission to publish selected poems in a future anthology.
- There is no entry fee.
Nigerians residents in any part of the world are eligible.
Submissions open until 11:59 PM SUNDAY 7th AUGUST, 2022