This article will provide a defined, succint steps on how to submit banking details to Sassa. This contains the banking details submissions process as provided by the government approved website.
Before we proceed on how to submit banking details to Sassa, it is quite imper6for you to have your correct banking details at hands in order to receive your SRD R350 grant money. There were initially some fairly significant delays of grant payment due to problems with bank details not being verified.
As a result, SASSA have now officially made a statement about how the process to submit banking details to Sassa works and what steps should be taken.
How To Submit Banking Details To Sassa: Guides
You can update any banking details which may have been initially provided incorrectly on the SRD website and/or alter their responses to the screening questions asked in their application. This can be done by following the below instructions:
- Access the SRD website at srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Scroll down to the “How do I change my banking details” section
- Enter your ID number
- An SMS / Text message containing the sassa banking details link will be sent to the mobile phone number used when registering for the SRD application.
- Open the banking details link in the SMS and follow the instructions.
- If you select for the payment to go into a bank account, please make sure that you are the owner of the bank account. SASSA will not be able to pay your grant into another person’s bank account.
If you select the money transfer option via one of the major banks, please make sure that the cellphone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name.
SASSA will not pay your grant if the mobile phone number which is registered is for another person. New banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification has been processed.
Ensure you follow the provided steps on how to.submut baning details to Sassa hand to hand to.avkid any error in submission.